Highlights and Notes
Thuze allows you to create notes and highlights within your eTextbook. Highlight text you feel is important and may want to refer back to later. Create notes to add your thoughts or cross-reference the content to something else.
To create a highlight:
Select some text by tapping and holding your finger over the area you wish to highlight, then dragging it over the text you wish to select. Upon release, a toolbar will pop up.
Select the highlight button. The text should now be highlighted.
- Select an existing highlight by tapping.
- From the pop up menu, tap on a new color.
To delete a highlight:
- Select an existing highlight by tapping on it.
- From the pop up menu, tap the trash can button.
- Once you confirm deletion, your highlight will disappear.
To create a note:
- Select by tapping and holding, then dragging your finger over the text where you want to create a note.
- Select the Note button.
- Compose your note in the text box.
- Once you have composed your note, you can click outside of the text box to close it - the note will be saved automatically for you.
To edit or change the color of a note, simply tap the note button in the text. The note will open and you can edit the content of the note right in the text field. You can also change the color of the note by clicking the different color buttons.
NOTE: You can place up to 500 characters in the note box, including spaces.
To delete a note:
- Select a note by tapping on the in-text Note icon.
- In the bottom right hand corner of the Note box, select the trash can icon.
- Once you confirm deletion, you notes will disappear.
Reviewing Highlights and Notes
Thuze makes it easy to refer to the notations you've made in your text.
You can view all of your highlights and notes by tapping on the notations tab in the contents drop down of the top navigation bar, from here you can quickly navigate to the location in the text where you created the highlight and note.
The notebook is a place where you can review, manage, and edit all of the highlight and notes you create within the text. It serves as a study tool that helps you focus on the content that you need to remember. From the notebook you can edit, share, delete, filter, and change the color of your annotations.
To launch your notebook:
- Tap the Notebook icon in the upper-right hand corner of reader.
- Tap the note icon (within the text) and the edit options will be available via a toolbar menu.
The filtering function at the top of the notebook, allows you to view only the color and type of annotation you wish to review. All of your highlights and notes will appear by default, but if you only wanted to see your orange notes, for example, deselect your green and blue note buttons, and all of your highlight buttons. Re-select to bring them back into view.
You can collapse sections that aren't important to review at this time by clicking or tapping on the arrow icon to the left of the Chapter or Section title. The back arrow to the right of the highlight or note lets you navigate to the place in the text where you created the annotation.
Related Walkthrough Guide: